Espresso Martini - Festive Cocktail
It's party time tonight and you want an original cocktail and above all, with coffee from Colorès?
The espresso martini is perfect to celebrate! Plus, it's the Trendy cocktail of the moment. It was invented in the 80s by a London bartender to meet the demands of a customer who wanted to be amazed. Bartender, Dick Bradsell, lived up to expectations as his creation is still turning heads 40 years later!
Here is the recipe for Colorès:
Recipe for 1 cocktail
- 1 double espresso of coffee Colored
- 1 1/2 ounces of Vodka (45g)
- 1 ounce of Amarula (cream liqueur)*
- 1/2 ounce of simple syrup (15g)**
- About 10 ice cubes
- A few coffee beans (decoration)
* This could be Bailey's Cream Liqueur or Kahlua Coffee Liqueur . We prefer the Amarula for the little fruity taste it provides.
** If you don't have simple syrup, simply bring 1 part water to 1 part sugar to the boil (ex: 30g of sugar diluted in 30g of water, heat, and let cool).
- A Martini glass
- A Shaker
- Put a few ice cubes in the Martini glass to chill it.
- In the shaker, first add the remaining ice cubes, simple syrup, vodka, cream liqueur and Colorès espresso, stir.
- Remove the ice cubes from the martini glass then pour the mixture using the shaker.
- Add the coffee beans as decoration. Serve!